Thursday, June 9, 2011

Are You Traipsing??

In talking with Colin about his birthday party coming up this week-end, I said to him 'I don't want a bunch of boys traipsing through the house'. He asked me the definition of traipsing and I wasn't really sure how to answer him. I mean, I know what it is, but how do you describe it? So, we looked it up and here's what we found: 

Traipse [treyps] 

–verb   1. to walk or go aimlessly or idly or without finding or reaching one's goal



Well, I would very much say that this fits the context of what I was saying but it also got me thinking. Isn't that what many people's lives look like?? Aimless? Idle? Without a goal? Just passing from one day to the next with NO purpose? 

What about our walk with Christ? Is it aimless? Idle? Do we understand our PURPOSE in Him? He created you for a reason, a purpose. He has planned good works for us to do. Do you know what your's are? No one else can do them for you. God planned them JUST FOR YOU! (Ephesians 2:10)

I just want to encourage each of you to examine your life and see if you are 'traipsing' through it or living ON purpose, WITH purpose and FOR a purpose. And most importantly -- GET INTO THE WORD!! This is the only place where you will find your purpose.

~Just as a side note here, Colin's birthday was in January. He just didn't want to have the party then. He said it was too close to Christmas. I didn't really figure it mattered when he celebrated :)
 

3 comments:

  1. Shannon I love you! Thank you for the wake up call. God's been trying to pound it into me, but it took the way you just explained it to wake me up. Time to reevaluate my walk with Him and stop just traipsing through it. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say Amen! It was wonderful to see how God worked through you with just one word. Great message!

    Happy belated birthday to Colin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both Steph and Grandma for reading and for always encouraging me :)
    God Bless you!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...