Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Week In Review ...

There are two words that aptly describe my week: Emotional Roller Coaster! Ok, that was three words. I thought roller coaster was one word but when I typed it out, it looked weird :)

First, I'm thinking that if this spiritual attack I am experiencing gets any worse or even continues at all, I am going to start thinking that it is something ALOT worse -- Menopause!YIKES!!

The Bruins won the Stanley Cup! WOW!! I asked Matt how long it had been since they had won. He said 39 years. Oh, I thought it was longer than that. Then he said, Yeah it was 1972. OH! 1972!! Yes, now I understand how long 39 years is -- my entire lifetime!! LOL again :) This really had nothing to do with my emotions this week, but it was an event that happened and it did make me laugh about the 39 years.

My baby has finished Elementary School! GULP! SNIFF! I have been feeling really sad about this. He's heading off to Middle School. I'm not sure I'm ready for that. Then in the back of my mind I hear 'Don't let your heart be troubled. Trust in God.' (John 14:1) So, I will continue to do my best with him and give the rest over to God. Then we read his report card and God so graciously gave me a New Perspective. It really was a long year. Colin went through several ups and downs. Maybe it is time for a fresh start. He is excited to go to Middle School so that's great. I am now starting to look forward to his new adventures as well.

Zoe had had to write a critical analysis paper for English. She is in Honors English and it is very challenging to get an A from this particular teacher. She worked really hard on this paper and was somewhat stressed about it as it counted for quite a bit of her final grade. She has hovered on the A-/B+ line all semester so she felt a lot of pressure (self-imposed, I might add!) to do well. And she did!! She got a 96 on the paper and a 94 for the final grade in the class. And she got the highest grade in the class on any of the critical analysis's (not sure if that's really a word!) YAY ZOE!!!

Then on Friday at work, one of my dementia friends told me I was beautiful! I kissed her on the cheek. She then proceeded to tell me that she wishes me the best of luck! She hopes I will have a very happy life and that I be very happy!! LOL THAT MADE MY DAY!!

Then today I went to a funeral. It was the husband of my mom's best friend. He was 61 and had pancreatic cancer. It was a really good service. There is a lesson in the funeral that I will write about later in the week, but I just wanted to share the weirdest thing with all of you -- after having such an emotional time over the last several weeks, I wondered if I should even put myself in a position like a funeral. Well, I hardly even cried at all! Only when I hugged the widow and their children. And his parents. That was hard. 

So, summer has begun. Baseball will end this week. Track will begin this week. Zoe has set a goal to read 75 books in 75 days. I will keep you posted about that :)
I am continuing to take a lot of pictures in the garden -- if you can call it at *garden* LOL I will post some soon. I hope you all have a blessed day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...