Friday, August 5, 2011

Supplier Of My Needs



Earlier this week and well, really over last week-end too, I was feeling a little down. (I am sure it was hormones, which in your late 30's, are AWFUL!!) I was telling my dear friend and prayer-partner, Lisa, that I was feeling so insecure. This is NOT me! I rarely struggle with doubt or insecurity anymore. I am not saying that to brag, trust me, there are PLENTY of other things that I struggle with! She gave me a puzzled look when I told her this. Well, it took me a few days but I think I figured out what part of it was -- I was out of God's will. This realization was really cool for me because, for me, it meant that I am in-tune enough with the Holy Spirit to discern when something isn't right! And realizing this, gave me the opportunity to change what was wrong and allow me to step back into God's grace.

So here's what I learned -- I have been spending too much of my time concerned with what other people are doing (especially at work!) and not enough attention  on what I should be doing! (This just sounds very Mary & Martha to me! LOL) So, earlier this week, when I realized this, I commited in my heart that I was going to re-focus my attention. I am so grateful to God for speaking to my heart and for allowing me the room to grow and learn this lesson of *minding-my-own-business* once again!

But here is the COOLEST thing that I realized yesterday: My God supplied ALL my needs this week!!
  •  When I prayed and asked for comfort for my weary heart, He gave it!
  • When I prayed and said "Lord, I need some reassurance that I am on the right track. And Lord, I'm asking that You would provide it for me and that I would not seek it from somewhere else' -- He provided it!
  • When I asked for Him to cover me during different conversations this week He did and they went well!
He met my every need! He gave me comfort, reassurance, praise, peace, joy -- all because I asked Him to! All because I was looking to Him to meet my needs instead of looking to someone or something else.How precious is that!?!?!

I'd love to hear from you -- how has God meet your needs this week?

4 comments:

  1. I agree Shan! I get more insecure when I look around and see what other people are doing, because I never seem to measure up. Instead I've recently been making lists (I seem to work better this way) of things I want to accomplish and how I can push myself a little further from my comfort zone into God's will. I pray about it and see what direction God might lead me in this week. I leave plenty of room for "change of plans", because afterall, life happens! I am much more content with myself and see that I am making real progress in things. I am happier, husband is happier, kids are happier!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good! His grace is sufficient to meet ALL our needs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both Sarah and Raising Mighty Arrows for reading :)
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and Love that we have a God that is willing and able to help us and provide for us. I also like this because it helps remind me of everything I've been going through the last few weeks and that when things were hard and I wanted to give up God helped me turn it around.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...