Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Since I Started The Blog ...

 ...Well, it's been about 2 months since I started the blog. At that time, I had no idea what I was doing, I just felt lead to write, to share and to encourage. I didn't feel like I had time to spend on a blog so I chose to leave Facebook and use the time that I was spending there to write the blog. I knew that Facebook was not the forum for me to share what was on my heart and how the Lord was growing me. On June 1st, I deactivated my Facebook account but honestly, I only ended up being gone for about 2 weeks. Then life happened and I needed the support of family and friends. That 2 weeks away though did something necessary for me - it broke me of my need to constantly read the status updates! Now I only use Facebook as a way to stay in touch with family. I don't go to Facebook unless I get an e-mail update. I only post the blog to it (I do this from the blog) so I rarely post 'status updates'. This has been very freeing for me!

I also had no idea of how much time it took to actually keep a blog. Somedays the posts flow very naturally and other times, they are written over the course of a few days. And if I want other people to read my blog, I need to read other people's blogs as well. I have found some great blogs out there that have really encouraged me and soon I would like to do a post sharing those with you. And there is a certain amount of correspondence that goes with blogging. So, learning to manage my time on the computer has been part of blogging for me. Some weeks you will hear from me more than others.

Another thing that has been really great for me since starting the blog, is that I am really growing in my application of my Bible reading. As I am reading, I am thinking of how I could apply what I've read to a blog post. It is making me look at things in a whole new light! And since I am a visual learner, the writing and reading of the blog has helped me to retain the lessons that I have found in my Bible.

I am also enjoying the ability to go back and re-read some of the things that I have written and to see how God has used that in my life. For example, when I posted in my birthday message that I wanted to place my ENTIRE life on the alter as an offering before God, that I wanted to view my trials as a refining of my life so that I would glorify Him more, I had NO IDEA how soon I would have the opportunity to do that. It is an encouragement to ME to be able to go back and read the blog.

I pray that you are uplifted and encouraged by the blog! There are days when I think that I am the only one reading and sometimes this is discouraging to me. I wonder if I am wasting my time by spending it here but when I stop and realize how God is using the blog to to speak to me, then it seems worth it. I guess I am struggling with needing to hear from people as an encouragement to continue to write and wondering if that need is just my pride seeking applause. I am in prayer about it. There are days that I am sure that God keeps everyone quiet on the blog so that I will not become dependent on their praise but that I would seek His praise instead.

Thank you all for being her with me over the last 2 months! I really do appreciate that you took the time to be here and to read! May the Lord bless each of you as you seek to know Him better!

2 comments:

  1. I have been really enjoying your blog and I have read every single post. I have been trying to comment everyday but today is the first day it will let me on! I promise to try to comment often!

    Sarah
    (I had to unclick "keep me signed in" to sign in, weird huh!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouragement Sarah :)
    I want the blog to be upbeat but I also want it to be authentic so I feel there are times when I need to share what I might normally not want to talk about.

    I read your blog also but I am behind by a few days :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...