Sunday, August 7, 2011

Our Vacation To New Hampshire - Part 3

This is the final installment of our vacation to New Hampshire.

I really wanted to take a scenic drive through the White Mountains. This was something that I haven't done for many years.









None of these pictures are going to do God any justice for how incredibly beautiful it was! It was absolutely breathtaking!!











Colin called this 'Mom's Dream Tour Of New Hampshire'. Can you hear the sarcasm in his voice? They weren't too excited to take this trip with me, but they got over it. They even told me later that they were glad they took the 'tour'.



We drove right between those mountains!









This is what my tour was really about:
Mt. Washington!!

How can I tell at this distance which one is Mt. Washington?? It's they only one with towers on the top of it!







This is Mount Washington (see the towers?) According to Wikipedia:

Mount Washington is the highest peak in the Northeastern United States at 6,288 ft, famous for dangerously erratic weather. A weather observatory on the summit long held the record for the highest wind gust directly measured at the Earth's surface, 231 mph, on the afternoon of April 12, 1934.










 This is the Mount Washington Hotel & Resort. It was completed in 1902 and at one time was serviced by as many as 57 trains a day!! It became known as one of the most luxurious summer resorts in the United States! (That information was on a plaque at the road-side turn off.)


That's the hotel on the left and Mount Washington is right behind Matt. This is the Presidential Range.
Every year when we get home from New Hampshire, I am ready to pack my bags and move! I just love it there so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...