Monday, August 1, 2011

Musical Monday: Trading My Sorrows

 On Mondays I like to share a song that speaks to my heart or one that I simply enjoy. Thank you for stopping by :)

I feel like a few of the recent Monday songs have been slower in tempo and more thought-provoking. While today's song is still thought-provoking it is definitely NOT slower in tempo! Today's song is Trading  My Sorrows sung by Israel & New Breed. I'm going to post the song first and then post my thoughts about it after.




I just LOVE the lyrics to this song!!!

I'm trading my sorrows
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord




I love the idea of laying down my sorrows and my shame ON PURPOSE! I don't have to carry that junk around anymore! There is NO benefit in that. I can trade them in for the Joy of the Lord!! I have had this song in mind for a couple of days now, and yesterday's message in church was called Living With Joy. It was an awesome message! I just love God's timing :)

Are you trading in your sorrows and shame? Are you clinging to them and holding on tightly to them? What have you got to loose my letting them go?

I chose this version of the song specifically because of the part in the middle where he sings:

Wake Up! Joy Is Here!!! Wake Up!

Are you awake my friend? Are you trading in your junk for the Joy of the Lord? Is there anyone out there saying 'Yes Lord' today?

Yes Lord, I will gladly trade in my junk for Your Joy! Thank you for giving me the option for a trade!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...