Thursday, August 4, 2011

Learning To Sabbath - The Beginning

The photos in today's post are brought to you by: my mother-in-law's flower garden :)



I have recently started to read a book by Mark Buchanan called The Rest of God - Restoring Your Soul By Restoring The Sabbath. I am LOVING  this book!! I am only up to chapter 3 but each chapter has had something really worth pondering and worth applying to my life. I want to be careful that I take my time and learn from this book so I started to keep a notebook of chapter notes of the things that I am learning and want to apply. This process of careful application really got me to thinking about what God has to say about the Sabbath and not just what Mark Buchanan has to say so I am also using my concordance to see what I can learn. I thought I would share my learning experience here and how I am applying it to life.

I was recently reading back through some older posts on the blog and this one was among them:  Mary, Martha & Facebook. It was very funny to me to be in this current situation of studying about the Sabbath and to re-read my own words saying: 'I would love to be like Mary but honestly, I just don't understand her. How can she just sit there? I have way too much to do for that!' How precious of God to teach me how to be like Mary and to give me the desire - the heart - to learn how to sit at His feet!!

Welcome to my new series called Learning To Sabbath. Join me as I read, study, apply and share what God has commanded us about the Sabbath. I for one, know that this is something that my life NEEDS. What about you? Could your life use some rest too?






I really like these last two pictures! This was a grasshopper that Colin caught. I have never seen one with a camouflaged body like that before! He was really hard to get a picture of because he kept kicking and moving and Colin's hand was wiggling too! I really like the picture of his face. How cool of God to make so many different creatures, each with a different look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...