Friday, July 15, 2011

Our Vacation To New Hampshire - Part 1

For the last few years, my in-laws have taken the family (their 5 children, 4 spouses and varying amounts of grandchildren - the number grows every year) and spent a week on vacation in New Hampshire. We meet up there with extended family from Maryland and Massachusetts and this year we even also had cousins from New Jersey. This is always a great time and is something that we talk about and look forward to all year. I am going to attempt to share the highlights with you here, but since I took over 1900 pictures, this will probably only end up to be part one :) 
This was the view from the porch at the house that my in-laws stayed in. We didn't sleep at this house because there were too many of us for the number that this house would hold. We stayed up the hill in the woods, which I thought was also perfect!








This was my view from my bed! I absolutely ADORE the sound of the wind blowing through elm trees!!! There is something about elm trees that sounds so much more relaxing than other types of trees. (Sadly I do not have any elm trees at home.) Below this window there is a beautiful deck that we made great use of last year, but this year it was either too hot (even in the shade) or I was too busy. This was a very busy week. It's funny to me how different each year is and that you can't predict from one year to the next what it will be like. Last year was extremely relaxing, while this year, even though it was relaxing, it was also very active.







 We hiked to these falls one day. There were several levels that had areas of *pools* to swim in and the kids LOVED it!!




























 If you go up 5 or 6 levels, you are rewarded with this!











Or you can just not bother with scenery and simply play in the falls and splash your cousins!!











I love the way the trees are reflected in Matt's sunglasses :)











These next two are my two favorites from this particular day!
Does it get any better than this?!?! I can't imagine that it does!


2 comments:

  1. Grandma, it was such a wonderful time together! I can't wait to post some more pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...