Monday, July 4, 2011

Musical Monday: I Am Free

Today is Independence Day. The day when we celebrate our freedoms as a nation. Please do not take these for granted!!

I thought an appropriate song for today would be The Newsboys' I Am Free. I love the line that says 'I am free to live for You'

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John 8:36
Sin puts us all in bondage to itself. But there is Freedom in Christ. Freedom from worry, guilt, fear, shame, addictions, negativity, stress. We get so stuck in those ways of living that I think we sometimes forget that Jesus offers Freedom from all that junk. He has called us to a life of Joy!! My prayer for you today is that you would take anything that is weighing you down and hand it over to Him. He will replace it with something wonderful -- love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and self-control!! m(Galatians 5:22-23)

Enjoy your freedoms today and don't forget to pray for those who serve and their families as they sacrifice for our Freedoms!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...