Friday, July 1, 2011

Facebook Highlights - From My 38th Year

(Yes, this is a long post. I apologize) When my birthday came in May, I wanted to find an older post I had made on my facebook page so I scrolled backward through the whole year. It was amazing to look back on all the ways that God has changed my heart and to reflect on all the wonderful memories and challenges that I had faced. I thought it might be an interesting way to share my heart with you if I posted some of the highlights here. Enjoy :)
Dear God, I want to thank You for the last 365 days of my life. Thank You for friends old and new. For the laughter and the tears. The lessons learned and the memories made. But mostly, thank you for being there with me through it all. And should You choose to give me another 365, I can't wait to see where it takes me ♥ Love, Shannon *May 19, 2010 at 8:53 pm
sometimes faith in action means letting go of your safety net and trusting that IF you fall, God will catch you. *May 27, 2010 at 8:45 am (This was after I felt the Lord leading me to quit my job without having any future prospects!)
doesn't have a back up plan but trusting that God knows what He is doing *May 27,, 2010 at 5:02 pm
So fits what I am going through ...
(Walk On The Water by Britt Nicole)
not feeling as wonderful as yesterday. This is starting to get REALLY hard but I am still trusting *May 29, 2010 at 10:02 am(This was the point at which I wanted DESPERATELY to panic and to call and get my job back! This was the day that I broke free from my anxiety and my reliance on doing things my own way.)
so a random box came up out of the basement full of treasures: Zoe's old homeschooling papers, old pics of the kids!!, my waffle recipe ♥ and .....are you ready.... da da da da daaaa ......ANOTHER Bible! I can't believe it! The more Bibles I give away, the more that appear! Maybe I could start a bookstore! lol *June 7, 2010 at 4:33 pm
Don't speak of evil of someone if you don't know for certain, and if you do know, ask yourself, why am I telling it? *June 10, 2010 at 6:55 pm
I do not like hearing sad or tragic news. I do not like it at all. But it does make you realize just how short and precious life truly is ♥ Love and pray for those who hate you and ♥ love and pray for those whom you love even more so!! *June 16, 2010 at 8:43 pm
Happiness is a cup that's half full. Joy is a cup that's overflowing ♥ *June 17, 2010
woke up feeling pretty on the inside! I LOVE that!!!! *June 19, 2010
“Only a life lived for others is a life worth while.” - Albert Einstein *June 21, 2010
Three years ago today, Matt not only made promises to me, but he also made them to Zoe and Colin ♥ Happy Anniversary Matt! I love you and I love our life together ♥ ♥ ♥ *July 2, 2010 am
So, I have realized that some families are not as lucky as we are! Usually when the anniversary comes, it is only a celebration for the parents, but in our family, it is a celebration for ALL of us ♥ We went on a date to Gifford's for ice-cream and mini-golf and then came home for steak on the grill ♥ OUR LIFE IS GOOD!! *July 2, 2010 pm
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE car rides with Zoe ~~ good music cranked, singing loud and having great conversation about life ♥ ♥ Have I mentioned lately that LIFE IS SOOO GOOD?!? ♥ *July 8, 2010
The good news: Insurance WILL cover the mamogram. The bad news: I am now scheduled for one :( *July 12, 1020
... that you cannot free yourself from a problem by shutting your eyes to it. To free yourself from a problem you have to acknowledge it and face it with your eyes and heart open. *July 18, 2010
He who holds his tongue is wise. Proverbs 10:19 ♥
I'm not where I should be but THANK GOD I'm not where I used to be!! *July 23, 2010
Mammogram came back NORMAL!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!! *July 28, 2010
HUGE HUGE answer to prayer today!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!! Colin has decided that he no longer doubts the existence of God but rather he has decided that Jesus DID in fact die for him and that he wants to be baptized ♥ *August 1, 2010
 so last night I said to Matt "Tomorrow we will be the same - Thirty-Something!" and he replied "No, I will just be thirty, Not something." Well anyway, welcome to 30 Matt! Happy Birthday! I love you ♥ ♥ *August 2, 2010
Zoe, Colin & Matt were all baptized this morning! It was terrific!! Then we had a celebration cookout at the church! Thank you to everyone who shared in it with us!! ♥ ♥ *August 8, 2010
State Track Meet today. Colin's team won FIRST place in the Boys 11-12 (yr old) relay!! WAHOO!! That's first in THE WHOLE STATE!! *August 14, 2010
"I will not sacrifice to the LORD my God offerings that cost me nothing." 2 Samuel 24:24 *August 15, 2010
Love covers a multitude of sins. And so does "I'm sorry" ♥ *August 24, 2010
EVERY time I have a feeling of impending doom, if I just wait it out, God showers me with blessings from Heaven!! *August 25, 2010
Here's a little treasure I found this morning:
Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. Psalm 68:19 *September 2, 2010
FREE FOR THE TAKING -- One set of hormones at my house!! All you have to do is come pick them up! They also come quite neatly packaged in the form of a cute 11 year old boy!! Any takers!?!? *September 6, 2010
People don't talk about human trafficking and if you ever think about it, you think it only happens in other countries. But the truth is that it is happening here in America too. Become aware. Spread the word. Get involved. (Here are some links for more information: http://www.notforsalecampaign.org/
http://abolitioninternational.org/ )
*September 8, 2010
Do what is right and good in the LORD's sight, so that it may go well with you Deuteronomy 6:18 ~~ You cannot expect the blessings of God without obedience to God. And how will you know what that is unless you read your Bible? I want to encourage you, if you have not read your Bible today to go do it ♥ *September 13, 2010
... today is a whole day for you to do good. What you do today is
important because you are exchanging a whole day of your life for it.
When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; and in its place
will be something that you had left behind... let it be something good. *September 18, 2010
God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with him.~~ Jim Elliot *September 23, 2010
So, I have always tried to be the person that I want my children to grow up to be. But I have realized that the person that I wish to be when I grow up is Zoe!! She has become MY role model!! ♥ U Zoe!!! *October 6, 2010
Is ANYTHING too hard for the Lord? Genesis 18:14 I LOVE this verse!! There is so much hope in it ♥ *October 12, 2010
When we face hard times, do they strengthen our faith or do they end up making us bitter? Whatever comes my way in the weeks to come I STILL BELIEVE!!! I believe because it would be contrary to God's character for Him to be ANYTHING but FAITHFUL to me ♥ ♥ *October 21, 2010
 (I Still Believe by Jeremy Camp)
I don't say no to sin because I'm simply scared of God, but I see Him as worthy of my obedience. *October 25, 2010
If God's love is a beach, then the way humans love is only a grain of sand on that beach. Our human minds are not capable of understanding how wide, how long, how deep, how strong His love for us is!! God CHOSE to love you ON PURPOSE. You didn't earn it, it is a gift ♥ *October 30, 2010
GET INVOLVED ~~ The world is run by those who show up! *November 10, 2010
So Zoe and I are going on a road trip Saturday and I'm SO excited that all day today, I thought it was Friday! {sigh} Patience IS a virtue, just not sure it's one of mine!! *November 11, 2010 (Thursday)
Matt's at work. Colin's at Nana's. Gas tank is full. Snacks are waiting. Ipod is loading and we are listening to The Backstreet Boys and singing loud!!! Man do I LOVE hanging out with Zoe ♥ ♥ I'm so excited to have this time alone with her ♥ *November 12, 2010 (Friday, the evening before our road trip)
I want to be held so tightly in God's arms that I can feel His heartbeat. *November 15, 2010
So after supper I said to the kids, "Tonight, you have dishes." I can overhear them downstairs doing them TOGETHER!! They didn't even discuss who would do what, just did it!! WOO HOOO!!!!  *November 16, 2010
I love the story of Joseph (see Genesis 37-50) and how it shows so clearly the sovereignty of God. I love that Joseph's God is also my God and that He is STILL sovereign!! I am determined NOT to worry about things that I cannot control, but rather to place all my cares on Him! *December 3, 2010
Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will PERSONALLY go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will NEITHER fail you NOR abandon you. Deuteronomy 31:8 *December 4, 2010
If any of you know where Matt is hiding my present this year, if you could just give me a clue, it would be greatly appreciated! It will really save a lot of searching time. *December 7, 2010 (yes, I am a peeker! LOL)
These [trials] have come so that your faith--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 1 Peter 1:7
My prayer today is that my faith would prove genuine and would result in Praise!! The last thing I want is to have a weak faith or to be phoney! *December 13, 2010 (This was the evening before a court date)
Whatever happens to me today, it cannot change who He is! I am determined to come out praising NO MATTER WHAT! *December 14, 2010 am
Hark! The herald angels sing, Glory to the Newborn King! Peace on Earth and Mercy Mild. GOD AND SINNERS RECONCILED!! *December 14, 2010 pm
1 kitten + 1 tree = 1 upset husband :/ *December 15, 2010 (This just cracks me up! LOL)
I have eaten so much sugar in the last two days at work, that I'm actually starting to crave vegetables!! *December 23, 2010
I always say I'm going to send Christmas cards and never actually do it :) so consider this your card :)
Merry Christmas everyone! May your holidays be filled with family, friends and Love ♥ And don't forget that Christmas is really about Christ, the Ultimate gift from God ♥ *December 24, 2010
Remember when the Desert of Maine killed my camera?? And how mad I've been about it for months?? Well, Santa just bought me a new one!! WHOO-HOO!!  =) THANK YOU!! *December 24, 2010
I could hardly sleep because I kept re-living Christmas over and over all night! LOL I think I'm in love with Santa ♥ (good thing I am already married to him!) *December 25, 2010
This is SO Awesome!! *December 28, 2010
December 2010 Blizzard Timelapse Click on the link to watch an awesome video!
http://vimeo.com/18213768
For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves ~~ Colossians 1:13
Live joyfully today - we've been Rescued! WOO HOO!!! *December 29, 2010
This year, we decided as a family to adopt a Mission Statement for ourselves for 2011. It's Proverbs 3:3-4
3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.
4 Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man.
 
We liked the part about winning favor and a good name for ourselves. But we really liked the idea of living with Love and Faithfulness ON PURPOSE! We brainstormed what that would look like in practical application - kindness, honesty, helpfulness, no complaining, etc. We wondered if perhaps, by our kind actions, we might make a difference for the world around us. I hope so! I can't wait to see how it plays out!! *December 30, 2010
Ok girlfriends, I am officially off to bed! I didn't even stay up this late on New Year's! LOL I'll be tired tomorrow but it was worth the *girl chat* that Zoe and I have been having for the last 6 hours ♥ *January 7, 2011
Today's menu: Coffee ♥ *January 8, 2010
Forgiveness is me giving up my right to hurt you for hurting me. *January 26, 2011
I've been waiting weeks to say this:
GOOOOD BYYYYE JANUARY!!!! *January 31, 2011 (We live in Maine. January is LONG!)
Desire doesn't want to entice you for a season. It's wants to lure you in for life. Make War. *February 4, 2011
Grace is God’s provision for the Christian life. Peace is the enjoyment of God’s provisions. ~~ Dr. Grant C Richison *February 6, 2011
I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!! Trusting in the Sovereignty of a Loving and Faithful God! I know He won't let me down ♥ *February 20, 2011 (This was the day that Pastor Chris announced that God was calling him and his family back to Alabama. They would leave one month later.)
The last thing I would ever want in my life would be to be in a place without God. If God is on the move, I had better lace up my shoes and move with Him. I certainly do NOT want to get stuck in the land of *what used to be*. Lord, enable my heart to trust in you and to accept change as positive ♥ *February 21, 2011
May the words of my mouth and the MEDITATION OF MY HEART be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 *February 22, 2011 am
"If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble." ~Bob Hope *February 22, 2011 pm
People can only take your peace from you if you handing it over. Well, I am NOT handing mine over today!! =) *February 24, 2011
I admire and respect people who have the faith and the courage to follow God wherever He sends them, even, or especially, if it's not what they would choose for themselves. How many of us would be able/willing to pack up and go? I want that kind of faith. I want that kind of courage ♥ *February 25, 2010
God does not just want to give you strength - He wants to BE your strength! ~~Joyce Meyer *February 26, 2011
new month. I'm turning over a new leaf: NO MORE GOSSIP!! No listening. No sharing. March 1, 2011 (I got the whole team at work involved in this one!)
"If we desire our faith to be strengthened, we shouldn't shy away from opportunities where our faith may be tested."-Muller *March 5, 2011 (It's funny to go back and reread this after the recent events in my life.)
If I sit really quiet, I can hear Spring in the distance :) *March 8, 2011
This is unbelievable!! Really puts life into perspective. All I can say is WOW!! What I meant was that my problems seem so insignificant in comparison. *March 16, 2011 (Please watch the video on the link below)

Tsunami Footage
fell asleep laughing ~ woke up laughing :) Life is good!! *April 2, 2011 (I have the BEST girlfriends!!)

My husband just bought tickets to see Jeremy Camp in concert and WE GET TO MEET THE BAND!!!! WOOO HOO!!!!!!!!! *April 2, 2011
"It is both our privilege and our duty to be joyful. To be joyless is to dishonor God and to deny His love and His control over our lives. It is practical atheism. To be joyful is to experience the power of the Holy Spirit within us and say to a watching world, "Our God reigns." " Jerry Bridges in The Fruitful Life *April 3, 2011
If God must do whatever we ask him to do when we want Him to do it, God is not sovereign we are. -Todd Wagner *April 4, 2011
God did not give me this life so that I could whine about my comfort, or lack thereof. Life is NOT about me! Need to remember that today :) *April 6, 2011
Denying my faith is like pretending I don't breathe air. I can't live without it. It makes me who I am. ♥
(from Lecrae's facebook page today) *April 13, 2011
I DID IT!!! I read the ENTIRE Bible! I finished it this morning. What a great read. I would highly recommend it to anyone ♥ Thank you Chris and Lillie for inspiring me on this journey! *April 26, 2011
(The first thing I did was to call Pastor Chris and Lillie in Alabama and share with them and thank him for all of his encouragement to our congregation that we could and should be reading it for ourselves!)
I have so much to be thankful for today! Great husband, a job I love, kids who are growing in their love for Jesus!! But right now I am VERY thankful for my kitchen timer - else we'd be having burnt chicken for supper ;) *May4, 2011
Words to live by: Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12 *May 6, 2011
So, last October I was at Target w/ Zoe and saw a sweater that I wanted so she agreed to *give* it to me for Christmas. Well, when December came, I couldn't find it :( Well, Matt just found it hidden in a closet!! I guess now it's a mother's day gift LOL *May 7, 2011
Martha was DISTRACTED BY HER MANY TASKS while her sister Mary sat at the feet of Jesus. So the Lord answered her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and upset about many things, but ONE THING is necessary. Mary has made the right choice..
What is your choice today? Are you distracted by many things or worshiping?? *May 13, 2011
very weird that it's Friday, yet it's a "school night". I hope we never have to do this again :/ *May 13, 2011 (We had a snow day on April 1st this year so the school board decided to have a day of Saturday school instead of going longer in June.)
So, this weekend I read 2 books. On Friday night I read Heaven Is For Real. A story of a 4 yo boy who goes to heaven and comes back! VERY powerful book!! You've gotta read it! Then this morning I finished Crazy Love! I am realizing that my priorities in life are TOTALLY screwed up!! I have been worshiping COMFORT instead of Jesus. This has GOT TO CHANGE!! *May 15, 2011
Reflecting back on the last 365 days ..... Yes. It was good!! Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice, your love and your hand on my family. Thank you for not allowing me to remain who I was but for molding me into being someone so much better. I seek to glorify You, ONLY YOU, in the next 365 ♥ *May 19, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...