Saturday, June 25, 2011

Lessons From A Funeral - Do You Need A Second Chance?

Do you ever feel regretful for the wasted time in your life? I feel like there was so much time in my life that I spent running from God and His ways. There was so much time I could've spent pouring my energy into Him and in to helping other people but I just wasted it on myself. It's very easy to look back at years spent selfishly and get stuck in a place of regret.

When I went to that funeral last week, many people were talking about Alan's faith and how much he love the Lord. Well, I knew Alan my entire life and as I child I never knew of him going to church. Alan did not become a Christian until later in his life. So as I was sitting there in the funeral, listening to people talk about his faith, it was refreshing to me. I was so encouraged! It made me realize that I can start fresh today. I can begin today to give my life fully to the Lord and to live for him. Nobody will remember my wasted years. I want people to look back on my life, but also to look at it now and see that I am no longer wasting any of my time.

Today is a new day full of fresh opportunities to live for Him and to serve others!!

Then last night I was again reminded of this lesson. I was watching VeggieTales Jonah with the kids and when Jonah is in the belly of the whale some angels come and sing this song to him:



Praise God for being the God of Second Chances!!! So, I ask you -- What are you going to do with today? Do you need a second chance from God? He'll give it to you if you ask Him for one! 

What are you going to do with your second chance??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...