Monday, September 26, 2011

Journey Through Scripture - Day 4


The Journey Through Scripture  posts are written for the ladies in the small group that I am leading. We are spending the next year together reading through the entire Bible.
Day 4: Genesis 10-12, Matthew 4

I would encourage you to complete the reading before you read the blog posts :)
 
Genesis 12, Verse 1 -- God told Abram to leave and to go. God said that He would show Abram his destination but first Abram would have to begin on his journey. In verse 4 we see Abram's obedience. And I wonder, how many times has God called me to begin something, to set out on a journey with Him and I ignored Him? Are we listening for, are we heeding God's call to us?
 
Verse 2 -- God promises to bless Abram and that as a result, Abram would be a blessing to others. Do we recognize God's blessings on us? Am I only looking at or focused on the things that God has not given me?? Am I using the blessings that I have received to turn around and bless someone else?

Verse 13 -- Here we see Abram's humanity -- he tells his wife to lie for him. I am both saddened and relieved when I read this; saddened because he lied and so relieved to realized that God has never been about calling perfect people. He calls people who are willing (verse 4). Am I willing? Are you willing to be called?

Matthew 4 -- When Satan comes to tempt Jesus, Jesus does NOT argue with him. He doesn't even get into a discussion with him. Jesus simply quotes Scripture. Notice that Satan also quotes Scripture. Yes, he has studied it and knows it very well. That is why it is so important that we know it too!!

Verses 210 & 22 -- the disciples immediately left their lives behind and went to follow Jesus -- like Abram in Genesis 12.

Continue on in your reading ladies!! I am so proud of you all for coming on this adventure with me!
God Bless ~ Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...