Saturday, September 24, 2011

Journey Through Scripture - Day 1





The Journey Through Scripture posts are written for the ladies in the small group that I am leading. We are spending the next year together reading through the entire Bible.
Day 1: Genesis 1-3, Matthew 1

I would encourage you to complete the reading before you read the blog posts :)

Genesis ch.3, verse 1 -- By asking Eve 'Did God really say ...?' Satan is trying to cause her to doubt God. He still does this to us today. Any area of our life where we doubt God, is an area where our faith is weakened. This doubt even caused Eve to mis-quote what God had said by adding that they were told not even to touch the tree (verse 3). She was shaken by this attack on her trust in God. In verse 6 we see Satan's bag of tricks: the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life. This is the very same technique that he used on Jesus when we tempted Him in the wilderness (Matthew 4). Jesus combated this attack by quoting Scripture to Satan. It is so important that we KNOW what the Bible says so that we have it as a tool against these attacks on our faith. It is so important that we don't make the mistake that Eve made by not knowing EXACTLY what God has said. And by being aware of the tricks that Satan is trying to use against us, we can ready ourselves to stand against it!

Matthew 1 -- Men and women, Jews and Gentiles are listed in the genealogy of Christ. God's plan was always to include everyone! I always used to wish I was Jewish so that I could be one of God's chosen people. If only I would've read the Bible sooner, I would've realized that I have been one of His chosen since before my birth! And so are YOU! I am so thankful for that!!

*****************
On a life note: after I had written in my notebook this morning about Satan trying to cause us to doubt our faith, I was given the opportunity to put that into practice. Colin's father asked this morning if Colin could spend the night tonight. (He is supposed to come back home at 5). I said no but now I am wondering if he will bring him back at 5 or not. I know that this is just the devil trying to play a mind game on me. I also know, that he doesn't want anyone reading their Bible and that I will be under some Spiritual attack for leading you through reading it. But I still choose to lead the group. I still choose to trust that God loves Colin and has some wonderful and amazing plans for his life. I am choosing to hand my concerns over to God in prayer and to spend the day NOT WORRYING!

I pray that you all have a Blessed Day today!!
I love you ~ Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...