Monday, May 30, 2011

To Share or Not to Share?

Pride is really an issue of mine. I think, for alot of Americans, this is probably true. Our culture promotes it with our  Look out for Number 1 - Over-Achieving - Me Me Me mentality. This issue of pride is not a new thing for me but I have felt the Lord really working on my heart in this area during the last month. When we met Jeremy Camp, he was so humble. He didn't want any glory for himself but truly wanted all the glory to go to Jesus. I  came away from that experience thinking, "I may love Jesus, but my life is all about Shannon." My life is not about Jesus or His Kingdom. It's about my kingdom. So, that is an area that I have been working on.

When I first thought about doing a blog, I really felt that if I promoted it, that I was really just saying to the world, "Look at ME. Look at what I'm doing. Look at what I have to say." So I didn't want to promote it on Facebook for fear of being prideful. Now I know that most of you would not say that promoting the blog on Facebook is being prideful, but it was something that was on my heart.

Well, after a week-end of serving the community with my church family, I have come to a new conclusion about the matter. Sharing my blog is alot like sharing the Gospel. It's not for me to decide who it's meant for. It's my job just to share it. So, in that light, I have decided to talk about it on Facebook and *promote* it, if you will. If people are meant to be here reading, God will work that out.

I think another reason I was hesitant to promote it, is because it is my heart. It can be scary to put yourself out there to the world. Now granted, I am in control of how much share and all that, but I started the blog to share. If I am seeking to glorify Him, then why should I worry or fear about sharing? So, again, I will put it in His hands.

Thanks to each of you for being here with me :) I do love you all
~Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...